The Bridge for Dance Inc., presents
"Uptown Rising–Performance Series"
Emerging Choreographers Edition
The Bridge for Dance Inc., is bringing back it’s emerging choreographers series- previously known as “The Attitude Free Performance Series”.
We strive to provide choreographers a space to showcase their work in a unique and intimate, judgement-free setting. The performance will be held in our largest studio that will be converted to a black box theatre, complete with full lighting and sound.
During the performance, the audience will have the opportunity to provide written feedback, and select their favorite piece.
Following the showcase there will be an open feedback session, where choreographers will be able to engage with the audience about their work and process.
All Choreographers will receive:
- Video of performed work
- Full Tech & Dress
- Discounted Rehearsal Space at Bridge for Dance Studios from December 2017-February 2018
- Post performance networking & feedback session
- Opportunity to showcase previously choreographed works, works in progress, or premiere new work.
Audience Favorite Uptown Rising Choreographer will receive:
- 3 hours of free rehearsal space at Bridge for Dance Studios
- Free 2 Hour Workshop to teach at Bridge for Dance. Choreographer will receive 50% of profits made (optional)
- 3 months of discounted space at Bridge for Dance from February-May 2018
Show Date: Sat, February 10, 2018
Tech and Dress rehearsal: Fri, February 9, 2018
Application Deadline: Mon, December 5, 2017
If interested, please fill out our no fee application below!
Click here for Application
Application Deadline Monday December 5th, 2017
If accepted into the series, choreographers will be responsible for a $50 production fee.
This fee will be due in two installments. One at the date of acceptance, and one closer to the date of the show.